Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Place

Well I have been preparing for the Indianapolis half marthon since February. On Saturday I ran a 5K and I got first place in my division. I haven't been this proud of myself in a very long time. It was a great feeling to lose weight, it was a great feeling to become a lifetime member of weight watchers, but there was nothing like seeing that #1 next to my name. Some people don't understand runners. Some people even think I am crazy for running but for me there is no greater feeling than crossing that finish line. One of my runners partners Mike always says he would rather cross the finish line than be someone who is at home on their couch. I think is a very true way of thinking. It is such an amazing feeling. What will you do to make you proud of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment