Thursday, March 24, 2011

What I have learned from Vacations...


Ok so many of you know Jason (my boyfriend) and I spent a week in Las Vegas. We had a great time. The weather was much colder than we expected but we still had a great time. Here is what I learned. I basically stayed the same/gained about .2 pounds while I was gone. Although we did two days of all you can eat buffets we did a ton of walking. I tracked over 115,00 steps on my weight watchers pedometer. It really felt good to not be so lazy and to walk places. I also made sure that I did make as many good choices as I possibly could. I am not sure they were all the best (see photo of very large drink... I shared I promise).

 I think after several vacations since joining weight watchers I have learned several things.

1. Have a good time. Its a vacation enjoy it.
2. Do the best you can. You don't have to be perfect on vacation but try to enjoy yourself. Sometimes we think because we enjoyed one meal that wasn't so friendly they are all going to be that way but it doesn't have to be.
3. Don't be disappointed by the numbers on the scale. I feel going and not totally blowing it is success.
4. Find a way to be active. Most of my vacations have involved a lot of walking so that has helped me. On the one that didn't I found at least one day to hit up the hotel gym. I feel like being as active as I possibly can really helps.

How can you make your next vacatin successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment