Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Spicy Meatless Chili

I decided to buy myself a Christmas gift since a friend was getting me a great deal on it. I got a new crock pot... One that actually holds enough to make a decent meal. I was really excited about getting this. So I decided I need to get making something this weekend. My coworker brought me a cookbook to look through because it had a section of crock pot recipes. So I found this Spicy Meatless Chili recipe. Its easy and yummy.

Ingredients:
2 (14.4oz) cans Mexican Tomatoes (the ones I bought were only 10oz so I used half a can of fire roasted tomatoes that I had open in my fridge to make up the difference) Do not drain.
1 (14.5oz) Can Black Beans (drained and rinsed)
2 Cups Frozen Corn Kernels
1 Cup Salsa (I used the kind I buy from Costco)
1 Medium Zucchini cut into 1/2 pieces
1 Celery Rib
1 Medium Pepper (cut)
3 TBS Chili Powder
1 TSP Oregano
2 Garlic Cloves (I forgot to put these in)

The Finished Product

Salt
Pepper
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (I didn't have this)

Combined all ingredients into crock pot cook about 8 hours.
Makes 5 servings.
4 Points Plus Values is what I came up with in my Recipe Builder.

No comments:

Post a Comment