Sunday, December 4, 2011

Survey...

One of my new favorite blogs is Onion In my Hair she has a very fun blog. She's a vegetarian so if you like things related to vegetarian recipes I really recommend her blog. Today her post was a survey about fitness and all things related. So here are my responses... check out her blog to see how we differ on a few things.

Five Fitness Things I Can’t Live Without:

  • Motivation/Goals
  • Magazines that give me ideas
  • Good Running Shoes
  • I love doing fitness DVD's
  • Running Partners

I really like brooks running shoes


Most Embarrassing Song I Listen to While Working Out:

  • I think most of my music is embarrassing but you never know when something like Vanilla Ice or New Kids on the Block.












Favorite Pre-Workout Snack or Meal:

  • During the week when I workout after work I normally have either a granola bar or something very light like some dried fruit.
  • On weekend before runs I have oatmeal with almonds and raisins. I also usually pair that with a glass of OJ depending on how much I plan to run.

On My Fitness Bucket List:
  • Run the Air Force Marathon in 2012
  • Run the Flying Pig Marathon... someday
  • Buy a treadmill for my basement
  • Disney Princess Half Marathon in February

Must Have Tech Tools:

My Garmin watch is awesome. It really helps me keep pace when I am training for races or when I am in a race.
 

Garmin Watch


I also really like using the app on the smart phones called Run Keeper... My good friend Sara told me about it. It is really great when I am running alone. You can read about the app here!

Top Exercise Gear:
Actually this is one thing I am not particular about. I really like that Nike has some funny sayings on many of their shirts. I also really like some of the Fila brand stuff I find at Kohls. Target also usually has some good deals on their Champion line... I do almost always wear a hat. I really love running bottoms that have a holder for my keys.









Motivational Mantras:
  • Pain is temporary
  • I run because I can
  • We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.
Favorite Cardio Exercises
  • Running Obviously
  • Jumping Rope (makes me feel like a kid again)
  • Jumping Jacks
Favorite Strength Moves:
  • Lunges with some kind of bicept work
  • Holding Plank... makes me realy sweat.



No comments:

Post a Comment