Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finish Line

So I finished the Crossroads of Indiana half marathon. 2 hours  8 minutes 47 seconds. 168th place out of 389 and I also finished 16 out of 45 in my age group. I feel proud to have finished! I have often said I think I must be crazy to have become a runner...BUT you know what makes it all worth it? The finish line. Unlike losing weight where there is no true finish line there is when you race. Even though my time wasn't great and the race was much harder than I truly anticipated I finished and it felt good. Oh and the cookies are usually an added bonus! I love my running friends and the piece of mind I get from pounding the pavement. I even bought new running shoes (post about that to follow soon). I am exicted for my next race and I am so glad spring has finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment