Wednesday, November 30, 2011

10 years...



Jason and I ready to go to the reunion
  While I was home on for Thanskgiving my high school had our ten year reunion. I wasn't sure what to expect especially since many of them I really have not seen in 10 years. It was really great to see some of the people I had not seen in a long time.




Sara and I

 My good friend Sara and her husband Joe came. I have remained friends with Sara since high school and was a bridesmaid in her wedding. Many of the others though I had not seen in a really long time. I think almost everyone who attended agreed it was a really great time.






I started thinking about how much my life has changed in 10 years... So I decided to give a top 10

10. I attended and graduated from the University of Cincinnati.

9. I have lost over 47 pounds and maintained this weight loss for two years plus.



8. I have not only run several half marathons but also completed a full marathon this year.

7. My lifestyle is much more active. I am willing to try almost anything. In fact I started a 20 day holiday shred with my sister this week. We are feeling the pain yet accomplishment from it.  Below is one of my softbal pictures... This is about as active as I got when I was younger.

One of my famous softball pictures.. can you find me?















6. I am not afraid of anything. I must admit I held back in my younger days. Today I feel like nothing can stop me from achieving anything I really want.


5. The relationship I have with my mother is much different than it was 10 years ago. The older I get the more I appreciate everything she has ever done for me She is truly amazing.


4. Currently I am leading two meetings per week for weight watchers. I am very proud of this. I am so proud of all members who step into that meeting room every week. I hope to inspire them weekly as much as they inspire me.

3. I am Aunt. My sister had a baby just over a year ago. I never knew what an amazing experience this would be. She is such an amazing little girl... To hear her say "Dee" just warms my heart.. 

2. I enjoy life. There are many times when I was overweight I was not enjoying my life.


Some of my favorite girls from high school

1. High School wasn't the time of my life... There is a country song by Brad Paisley and he jokes about high school not being the time of his life. Honestly for me it was what it was. There are been many more memorable days since then. I wouldn't take any of the great times from high school but my life is so much more full now.



No comments:

Post a Comment