Sunday, April 7, 2013

Practice...

Once a very famous basketball player based Allen Iverson said this about practice

http://youtu.be/eGDBR2L5kzI

Well if you're a runner then you know this... You must train and "practice" otherwise you'll never make it to the finish.

This weekend I did just that...

Saturday 16 miles
Ran 4 miles before my group started. Then ran 12 with my group. It started out really well. Then I realized how windy it was. Around mile 5.30 of the 12 it was so windy I felt like I was standing still. I thought all I needed to do was make it to the turnaround and it will be much easier. I was very wrong. The wind did not help me after the turnaround. I did pretty good until about 1.6 to go I started to struggle. Just after crossing the last street crossing I turned to make sure my group was not too far behind me. Then I just had to finish. We all finished and once it was done I stretched good and felt good.

Sunday
I had to work my Sunday weight watchers meeting this morning so after that I dropped off my car for some repairs and set out for a 1 hour run. I cannot say enough about this running plan that gives you only your long run distance. The sun felt amazing on my face and I enjoyed every second of the run. An added bonus was that my car was done right as I got back.

Runners must train and practice so yea I'm talking about practice...

1 comment:

  1. Very true about training and practice in running. Lots of people don't put in the hard work (including myself sometimes) and expect excellent results come race time. It never happens unless they put in lots of hard work. Great job on the two long runs this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete