Thursday, May 23, 2013

Would you do it again?

Probably the most popular phrase among the running community... So would you do it again? It doesn't matter if it was your first half, full marathon or even 5K the question always remains. My friend Norm asked me this almost immediately after I finished the Tryon Farm 50K. Well here is the truth....

YES.... YES.... YES... I never ever  EVER thought I would say this. Honestly running that 50K proved to me even more than the marathons I have run that I am so much stronger and have so much more courage that I ever thought possible. I really enjoyed this event and it has really give me a new found strength that nothing can bring me down. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger..." Kelly Clarkson. Right on sister. Honestly I never thought that any of this was possible 4 years ago and now I feel a new found sense of pride.   It wasn't easy and I even had many moments of thinking I'm not sure I have this in me. However I just kept pushing. I'm also frustrated by the blisters on my feet and it making my recovery longer but nothing can take away the sense of pride I still feel for finishing that 50K.


Thank you to everyone who has supported me, given me advice and loves me. Runners know how much of a commitment our love for running can be. So thank you for allowing me to go and do what I love. Support from every all of family members, boyfriend, friends and fellow runner means the world to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment