Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Running is cheaper than therapy

IOver the last week I have had an opportunity to run with several different running friends and we discussed the power of a good run. The best part about being a runner is you can alone, with one person or with an entire group. I have discussed on my blog the love I have for the running community but sometimes it's the run itself. Things I believe you can do and achieve on a run. 
Meditation/Prayer: A run can allow you quiet time. Especially on a run alone it's just you and the road. I believe you can spend time talking to God if you choose to. There is time to gather your thoughts and sort out the things that could be weighing on you. 
Good ideas: I admit this may not be everyone but when your a long distance runner there is a lot of time to just sit and think. I really believe some really good ideas or decisions can be made when your mind is clear and it's just you and the road.
Healing: Every single runner is human. We all are going through life and someday are harder than others. However you have those moments to cry, talk, or even just be silent it is a Jane of coping. We can't heal all wounds but when you have those private moments they allow for a special form of healing that can be hard to find. 

In the end all I know is I need running not just for the fitness but for my mental well being. This is why I run when it's cold, hot, raining or evening snowing. I just never know what I will discover, learn or heal from on a run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment