Sunday, July 14, 2013

Never Forget

So I have been MIA for a couple weeks now... Here is what happened in that time
1. I went on vacation
2. My sister's dad (who helped raise me) died
3. I ran a lot... I'm not sure who believes that running is therapy but I sure do.

Needless to say it has been a rough time.So I thought I would just use my first post back to talk about the loss of my sisters dad Jeff. He married my mom when I was 3 and he really helped shape the person I am today.


Brad Paisley wrote in a song "I hope I'm at least half the dad he didn't have to be..." This is so true. Jeff gave me so much more than just being a step dad. He was always there. I can still remember how proud he would be when I would tell him about a run. When I lost weight 2 years ago he was so proud of how hard I worked. The thing I can say is that he might not have been my dad but he always made me feel like family. He was there from teaching me to ride a bike, play softball, get my drivers license, see me graduate... and so many more important life events. I will forever be grateful for all of things he did. He will always have a special place in my heart.

The best thing that Jeff gave me were these two girls... Jenna and Kristen. They are my sisters and my best friends. We share a very special bond that can never be broken. I love them so much and I am glad that Jeff gave me these two because I love them so much.


1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my dad about 5 years ago, and now being a dad to a little girl, these stories go straight to the heart. Cherish the memories, he is with you and your sisters.

    ReplyDelete