Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get your gear




I think one of things that has really helped me is having fitness gear that has really helped me. Most recently my awesome Mom got me the nike shoes and nike sport band for Christmas and this is a great tool for tracking mileage. It can track walking and running mileages. Today nike said since January 11th of this year I have run over 113 miles. I think there are many great tools out there that can help you achieve your goals but I must say I truly LOVE my nike band and how it helps me keep track. Another thing that many trainers and professionals say is that you really need to make sure you are wearing a good shoe. There are many places out there that will even measure your foot so you know exactly what kind of shoe you need. I am really thinking of looking into this myself. Just make sure whatever you are using works for you... but tell me this what products do you love?

2 comments:

  1. I love Bob Ronker's Running Spot in Cincy. I've gotten my shoes there. They measure you and fit you for the right shoe for you foot and how you walk. I think an important thing to remember when buying shoes for working out is that they may be expensive, but they will hold up a lot longer than cheap shoes from Wal Mart. I'm still wearing the first pair I bought from 2007, although I'm wearing them for every day use and not working out now, but they lasted me about 2 years for working out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have Brooks running shoes but I'll have to go check. I am not happy with my shoes. They measured my foot, and found out I was flat-footed, not a surprise. And I know they like to go up half a size in running shoes, but I wear 9 1/2 and they gave me size 11's. I should have taken them back. I feel like I'm wearing moon shoes.

    I must admit that I'm more interested in the look than the comfort!

    Hadn't heard of the Nike band. I just use my hrm to gauge calories burned.

    ReplyDelete