Saturday, March 27, 2010

What makes you feel proud?

Sometimes we do things in life that don't seem to have any meaning or understanding to others but for ourselves we feel so proud. Today I finished my first ever 10K in 54:13 and 4th in my age group. There are many times in my life this seemed totally impossible but today I just knew it was. Even after my crap at mile 4 and even after the wind picked up I trucked on. I have never felt more proud of myself than I do today. What makes you proud of yourself because in my opinion it is the belief in ourselves that keeps us going. Here is a good quote I read recently that I will leave you with "You have brains in your head, you have feet in your shoes, you can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own and you know what you know, YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go." ~Dr. Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment