Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sherry's YUMMY Soup




So when your really awesome friend invites you over for dinner you never know what to expect. I truly believe that the reason weight loss is sucessful is when you have the support of others. My girl Sherry is always making something that she knows isn't going to make me gain 10lbs. I love her for that... So in honor of her amazing support here is Sherry's Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe...

1 Pound cooked shredded chicken
1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
1 medium onion
1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
2 cloves garlic pressed or minced
2 cups water
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder I use ancho chili powder
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 bay leaf
1 10 ounce package of frozen corn
1 can of black bean (optional)

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot except chicken, let simmer for several hours. Add chicken and simmer 30-45 more min before serving. Serve with tortilla chips, Monterey Jack/cheddar shredded cheese and avocados (optional)

Makes 8 servings at about 4 points each. So go enjoy Sherry's yummy soup!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'm going to have to try that this week! I've been looking for a Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this and it was delicious!!

    ReplyDelete