Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Out with 2013 and in with 2014

What a year... 2013 certainly has been a roller coaster for me. My running life has gone from amazing to injured. My personal life has had so many highs and lows... Now is the time I reflect on 2013 and look forward to a fresh start and a brand new YEAR!

2013 kicked off with me running the Running With the Irish 5K... a big time favorite in Northwest Indiana. This was part of my training for yet another half marathon. It was a very cold March Day but I finished the Holy Half Marathon!







Then I went from half marathon mode to training for  my first ever 50K! During my training the tragedy of the Boston Marathon occurred so I paid tribute the best way I knew how... Running 26.2 for Boston. Followed by another great race the County Line Orchard 10 Miler!

Followed by my first ever 50K! I still can't believe I completed a 50K! Tryon Farms 50K was a race I won't soon forget!



I followed up by 50K by headed up to the Big City for the Solider Field 10 Miler! What an amazing day that was!

I followed Solider Field with my 2nd Ragnar Relay...200 Miles of running from Wisconsin to Chicago!

A few weeks later I took the streets of Chicago with a big group of WOMEN for the Women's Half Marathon!

Of Course I had to throw in a few local summer races like the Friendship 5K and the Running with the Devils 5K where I set my 5K PR!

I even coached a few runners for the annual the Demotte Rotary Ramble and had a great time watching them finish! After that it was time to prep for Fall Marathon Season... I tackled 3 of them this fall!

I capped off my marathon training with the Ice Scream Half Marathon!


Then my major goal of 2013 was up! The Air Force Marathon where I set a marathon PR and ran with my running bestie!


Indianapolis Marathon in Lawrence Indiana-this is where I became injured and had to take off some time.

In between of course I had to run another local favorite Manda's Race.

Indianapolis Monumental where I set a course PR but not my marathon PR. I  also officially qualified as a marathon maniac!

Then I went on a vacation that included running! I ran with Jason for his first ever half marathon at the Rock & Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon!


I capped off November with the Pumpkin Plod and the Twisted Turkey half marathon.



No year would be complete without one more day of craziness so I ran the Huff 50K relay.










So 2013 is officially over today! What will 2014 bring?

I have my first major goal set in sights at the Knoxville Marathon. I hope to accomplish even more in 2014 if that is even possible but there is one thing I know  I will never stop finding something else to accomplish. If you dream it you can do it.




Watch this and find your dream for 2014!

http://youtu.be/O30oCasSoMc

No comments:

Post a Comment