Monday, January 6, 2014

Snow Day with Shaun T

After nearly a foot of snow and freezing temperatures almost everyone in Northwest Indiana had a snow day today.

The best part for me is that I have the ability to work from home. I love being able to work for such an amazing company. However you can get into a funk on a cold day like today and being home. So I set aside some time before I ate lunch to be as active as possible.

Today he returned into my fitness regime... that's right I pulled out Shaun T!

He is tough. His workouts are not easy. But they are only 25 minutes of your day. I started thinking about how we can so easily waste time. I mean lets admit it we are all so guilty of wasting time in our day. We all do it. We all make excuses. So that is why I love these workouts. I have said so many times my biggest fault at being a runner is not taking care of the rest of me. I love to run. I love the just get up and go. The ease of just going out. It doesn't challenge me the way Shaun T does.
Today I started over with the T25 challenge.
That meant taking on the cardio DVD. I also was able to burn nearly 300 calories in only 25 minutes and didn't have to take a step out of my front door.
Was it easy? No.
Did I expect it to be easy? No.
 Will I do it again tomorrow? Yes!

As a runner I am always challenging myself to take on a new race or running goal but I also need to do all the other things that make me a better runner. So today I also cooked some chicken. I had a full day of clean eating.

As Shaun T would say... "Don't run from the work... FEEL the work."

How did you spend your snow day?

2 comments:

  1. I needed this post today! I'm guilty of only running and spinning. I was talking the other day about needing to switch things up and improve the rest of me. Thanks Deanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Find out how 1,000's of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.

    Get daily ideas and methods for making $1,000s per day FROM HOME for FREE.

    CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT

    ReplyDelete