Monday, January 27, 2014

Marathon Training and Gold Cup Banquet

Every where you turn these days its all about the weather and the Polar Vortex. After hearing some of the stats on the radio today this has offically been the worst winter since I moved to Northwest Indiana 7 years ago. The toughest part has been being able to get outside. As I am preparing for another marathon for the first time the weather has really gotten the best of me. I have been able to muster up enough "umpf" for my long runs so far. The treadmill is just a place I really hate to get in my mileage. Although at times it is necessary to resort to indoor running I know that I need to get in as many outdoor runs as possible. The snow has done some good for me... it is pushing to me find routes that I can run. These routes are much more difficult than where I would normally run. They slow my pace but it is also forcing me to prepare the hills in Tennessee. 

The roads were pretty snow covered this weekend. It made the footing very difficult. I made it though... 12 Miles Saturday... This is the same hill I ran last weekend with no snow... much more difficult this weekend. I am really glad my friend Tim came put and suffered right along with me again. 


Saturday was also my running clubs banquet. In 2013, even though I had a great year personally I did not run as many races as I would have liked so I ended up 6th out of 13 runners in my age group. I had an aweomse time at our banquet. I am so glad I am part of such an awesome running club.


Then Sunday... with even more snow I went out for another 10 miles with friends. 


It might not be have been easy but I got it done and had a great weekend. 


No comments:

Post a Comment