Tuesday, August 16, 2011

6 Ways to Reward Weight Loss Success—without Using Food



Every morning MSN.com is my front page. They often have short articles that intrigue me. This one is one I live by... when losing weight I always did this. Every time I hit the next 10 pounds I found ways to reward myself. Here is a list I read and my thoughts on the ideas...

Take a Healthy Cooking Class--- I would love to do this. The only placeI know for sure you can sign up for a class in the northwest Indiana area is at a little Italian restaurant in Schererville called Cao Bella. Call them I know they offer them about once a month and you have to register. If you have other ideas let me know and I will pass them along!

Show Your Tootsies Some TLC--I love pedicures... are you afraid of cost? Check out Excel Academies in Merrillivlle. Only $25.

Strike a Pose--The article suggested have a make shift photo shoot. Although I never really did this... During my weight loss journey I went home to visit my family in Ohio and my sister was going to prom. I feel like I took a ton of pictures with her. It made me feel good to see how good I looked. Here is a photo of us:



Spring for Something Sparkly-- The article suggested things like jewelry that makes you feel good. I agree sometimes buying myself something nice really makes me feel good if I love it. I don't think it has to be jewelry. Although I do like the idea of something like a bracelet or watch that you can wear everyday to remind yourself how far you have come!

Share Your Success With Friends: I love this idea. I have amazing support from my friends. They were my rock. My family doesn't live near by and they were amazing in making me feel good! This is my friend Sherry. She is always there for support to matter what!







Escape for a Spa Week: Although this can be expensive and we don't always have a week we always can try for a few hours. Again places like Excel offer several salon services. Also check with other local salons for deals and specials... If you aren't into the salon thing. Spring for a round of golf or even just the driving range for a few hours of relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment