Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ENGERGY

Today I was reading an article about food that keep your energy levels up.

Pumping Seeds (Fatigue Fighter magnesium)... I can't believe its almost fall so these will be around. The article suggested these could be eaten after a rough workout.

Yogurt (Fatigue fighter Probiotics) I love Greek... the article suggest that the "good bacteria" that aids good digestive health.

Wheat Bran Cereal (Fatigue Fighter Fiber) The article suggest it could help energy levels up to 10%... I am not much of a cereal eater... I received a sample from Quaker... What kind of cereal do you enjoy?

Whole Grains (Fatigue Fighter Complex Carbs)... We talk about this in weight watcher meetings all the time. Choosing whole grains is always the best options. Oatmeal, Whole wheat pasta or even brown rice... mix it up and enjoy it.

Walnuts (Fatigue Fighter Omega-3 Fatty acids) Not only a great protein but the article says that research shows it helps relieve depression.

Dark Chocolate (Fatigue Fighter Polyphenols) Research shows that it even helps levels of happiness. If you have a sweet tooth 1 oz of dark chocolate is a good choice.

Tea ((Fatigue Fighter Caffeine and l-theanine) Probably the safest choice among choices for caffeine. The article stated that tea helps with many things  including improved alertness, memory, and reaction time as well as decreased mental fatigue.

Watermelon ((Fatigue Fighter Water) The best time of year... right now. How good is watermelon. The article suggested on a hot day that this is one of your best options. Who can disagree?

Red Bell Pepper (The fatigue-fighter: Vitamin C) I personally love peppers of all kinds. The article suggested that it can even help with stress... so next time you are feeling on edge cut one up and enjoy.

What else do you think helps with energy? I personally believe staying hydrated. Making sure I drink enough water is something I really think works. I also really beleieve being active. I know there are days where I don't feel like doing anything but I always feel so much better when I do.

SO WAKE UP... try these.






No comments:

Post a Comment