Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Marathon Recap

Well over all it went way better than I ever expected. We started in downtown Indianapolis and we went by the state fair grounds, the museum park, Butler University and many other beautiful areas in Indianapolis. I felt great from the start until around 13-15. Started to have pain in my right foot. By 20 is was really bad.


Bryan, Myself and Nora at the start line

I loved all the crowd support and my "Marathon Virgin" shirt was a hit. The weather was amazing. The last 3 miles felt like 100. A crowd supporter started pumping up a runner near me and her words really encouraged me.











My mom and Nanny came up from Ohio to see us race... I am so glad they came. The support was amazing!

Nanny and I

Mom and I













As soon as I saw the 26th mile marker tears began to flow... I just couldn't believe I did... I am so proud I finished a marathon. I ended up finishing in 4 hours 22 minutes. I was the 1,596th person to cross the finish line. I was 90 out of 188 females aged 25-29. I was also 513 out of 1038 females. 



Post race I got to celebrate with one of my very good friends Michelle. She lives near Indy and we got to hang out the rest of the day. Support like this is amazing. I am so lucky!



No comments:

Post a Comment