Thursday, November 24, 2011

What are you Thankful for?

I am thankful for many things including my family, friends, and health. I feel so empowered. This morning my mom, sisters and I went to a Thanksgiving day walk and run. I am so proud of them for getting up and going. What a better way to start the day then with three amazing women whom I love very much. Take time to appreciate things like this today.

Life can change so fast. I am so thankful to be spending the day with my amazing family. I am so reflecting today on many things. Only 3 years ago I was a new weight watchers member who still had a significant amount of weight to lose and didn't even bother thinking of getting out of bed to run. Today I ran 6.10 miles and have maintained a weight loss of over 47 pounds for two years now. (that's about two and half turkeys) WOW! I feel very empowered by everything that has changed. I am also trying to remain focused on all of these things and remind myself today is about spending time with my family not stuffing myself (the turkey should be only one getting "stuffed" today)

More updates about our meal today and shopping tomorrow to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment