Sunday, November 20, 2011

What do you want from Thanksgiving?


Thanksgiving 2010
 Last week in Weight Watchers meetings we discussed making the most of our Thanksgiving "plates." We discussed points plus values of typical Thanksgiving meals. I think there are many ways we can approach the holiday. I told many of my members and even discussed with a fellow leader that is will prove to my most difficult Thanksgiving since I joined the program. I have never had the pleasure to go home to Ohio since I joined. Every year I have been able to setup a really good plan to tackle the holiday. Although I have still planned a few things to set myself up for achievement this year.


My sister Jenna
 1. My sister Jenna and I are going to run her first ever Thanksgiving 10K. My mom and other sister Kristen also plan to come and walk the 5K. I really believe that getting in a good I workout sets you up for some really good success on the day. I am really proud of my sister Jenna for being willing to tackle something she has never done before. Although I  know I can do really well at this race I am choosing to run every step along side my sister Jenna for support. If you don't have an event to attend  then make your own... I have to give credit for this idea to my friend Sara setup her own 5K for her family since there were not any events near the home of her sister. Don't let something like this stop you from getting out there and being active. Go around the block and make it a fun event for everyone!


2. I plan to one point friendly dish that I know I can enjoy without the worries of the points. Even if no one else wants to enjoy it I can.


3. Since this is my first Thanksgiving home in nearly 4 years I plan to make the most of the time with my family. I have told many people that I really love Thanksgiving for the fact that we do get to  enjoy so much time with family. I plan to make the most of every second with my amazing family.


My Amazing Family


4. SHOP TIL I DROP. I love black Friday. I cannot wait to spend the day with my sisters and mom getting great deals and seeing all the crazy people out.

What do you want to make out of your Thanksgiving? .

1 comment:

  1. We are all getting really excited about our Sisters 5k! Enjoy your Thanksgiving at home with your family!

    ReplyDelete