Monday, November 19, 2012

A Week of Thanks... Day 1

Since the big Turkey day is this Thursday I thought I would share somethings I am thankful for everyday.

Today I will start with some very seasonal and yummy.

Fresh Cranberries

These little guys are really yummy and resourceful. They pack a ton of flavor for a very little money. I got a whole bag of them at Aldi for $.99. Really all they need is a good boil and some splenda and they are a great treat. However there are many other ideas you can do with these little guys.  Click this link for a ton of the ones I found posted on the Weight Watchers website alone. One of my favorites that uses the canned stuff but is equally yummy... Click here.


This morning I did one of my favorite things with these. I put them in my oatmeal before I put the oatmeal in the microwave with some cinnamon  The cranberries cook up perfect and flavor the oatmeal amazingly. Look how yummy...


My second favorite way to enjoy cranberries is not necessarily with the fresh but with the canned ones. This recipe is courtesy of the best Nanny I know. It is amazing!!


Makes 8 servings

Ingredients
2-4oz boxes of Sugar Free Raspberry Jell-O
1 cup Hot Water
8oz Sour Cream (fat free)
1 Can Whole Cranberries

Mix Jell-O and Hot Water until Jell-O dissolved
Add Can of Whole Cranberries

Divide into two parts- put one part into your casserole dish and into the freezer.

Once it is firm spread sour cream
Then add remaining Jell-O mixture

Sprinkle with pecans. (about 1 oz)

Keep Refrigerated.

Day One... I am thankful for the resourceful cranberries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment