Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Week of Thanks... Day 2

There are so many things in life to be thankful for...

About a month before I joined at my best friend Kyle's Wedding
Today I thought I would talk about how thankful I am for Weight Watchers...

I joined Weight Watchers Tuesday September 6th, 2008. This is the day my life began to change completely. There were so many things I thought I knew but I really had no idea. This picture was taken almost exactly a month before I joined at one of my really good friends Kyle's wedding.







When I joined weight watchers I was not the heaviest weight I had ever been but I was close.

This seems to show off my heaviest ever weight 
However once I did decided to make the comminittment I never reallized how much the journey would open my eyes and change my life. Although there are so many things I learned from weight watchers so I thought I would share a a "top 10."

1. Portion control is key. Measure everything.
2. Just because you think it is healthy or even if it looks healthy do your research.
3. There are still ways to enjoy things you love you just can't over do anything.
4. You must exercise.
5. Holidays are just holidays. Enjoy the company instead of the food.
6. Being healthy makes me feel better physically. I am less tired and don't get worn down as easily.
7. Fruits and Vegetables are good. Enjoy them.
8. Tracking/keeping track of what you eat will
9. Sometimes you are not hungry... take a drink of water.
10. There really isn't anything I can't do if I set my mind to it.

Since I joined weight watchers that faithful day back in 2008 I have
Lost close to 50 pounds
Ran two marathons
Dozens of half marathons
Inspired many

Indy Monumental Marathon 2011
My life continues to change and evolve much like it did throughout my Weight Watchers journey. Today I try to live my life remembering that it might not be easy but it will be worth it.




So remember this...



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on four years of your healthy lifestyle! I really like your list. I do most of them. However, #1 is the hardest for me. If I do lots and lots of #4 it is easier to stay on track.

    ReplyDelete