Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Week of Thanks... Day 3 (Running Friends)

With the big day fast approaching I started thinking about all the people in my life I am so thankful for. Today I want to say how thankful I am to the running community. I have never met more encouraging people than those who are involved in the running community. Over the past year I have really gotten to know so many more. Here some of those I am oh so grateful for.

All of these guys. Especially my friend Sara who really got be into this whole running thing. Her husband Tim is not in the photo but he has become a really good runner and I am appreciative to him running with me a few times this year. I am not sure if I should thank her or really be mad at her sometimes. As well as Nikki and her husband Brian who have trained and run with me for so many events and have supported me throughout my last 3 years of running. Bryan and John who are also pictured here have been huge supporters of my running since I met them and can't thank them enough. Especially Bryan who is always as crazy as I am and will run on a whim. I can't wait for our next race adventure.


The group listed in the photo below is the Lake County Opportunity Enterprises Chicago Marathon 2012 training group. Each and every person has their own running story but they are all so inspiring and supportive. I barely knew any of them when the summer began and now feel like they such great friends that I am so glad I met this year. I group leader often says we are the Lake County Maffia and once you're in you're in. Honestly I am so glad I am in. These people are amazing! I cannot be more thankful to them for all the fun times we had running this summer. (even if they do harass me for being a Cincinnati fan)
August Group Run



I always say that you need to have a supportive group around and I am so thankful for all of my running friends and their support this last year.



1 comment:

  1. "So I think I'm going to run a half-marathon. You should do it with me." ;-)

    Please don't be mad at me (I don't think you really are!) You are awesome Deanna and such an inspiration.

    Thank YOU for being a running friend and one of my friends who just happens to run!

    ReplyDelete