Sunday, December 9, 2012

Yummy Food

I love Sundays.
Today I started out with a rainy, windy and chilly 6.10 mile run. I hit the grocery store before even coming home so I wouldn't have to leave the house once I got back.

Since it was rainy and crappy the first thing I thought of was making chili today. So I made sure I picked up some ground turkey so I could make it.

By the time lunch time rolled around I wanted something simple. I love corn tortillas and how useful they can be. Today I opened up a can of tuna, grabbed some spinach mix, pumpkin salsa and mustard and went to to town on this quick lunch. The great part is that you can layer these with whatever you want. I love to use them for tuna since they hold the tuna better than bread. Spinach is a great filler. It is so good for you also. The pumpkin salsa is a "special" item at Aldi grocery stores and I love mustard on anything.



After round one of a disappointing NFL day I decided to get started on my chili. The great part about "Cincinnati Chili" is that it doesn't have to have a lot of ingredients. 
1 6oz can of tomato paste
1lb 93% Ground Turkey
1 Package of "Cincinnati Chili" Mix 
6 Cups Water


Mix into a pot... wait for it to boil. Then simmer for about 1-1.5 hours. I let my simmer for about 2 hours just so it would be slightly thicker. You could also mix all into a crock-pot for several hours. The key is to not brown the meat first. Just put all of it together.

3 Points Plus Values for 6 Servings

Optional is to top with hot sauce, cheese and oyster crackers. Comfort food at its finest.

Cincinnati Chili... YUM

So tell me what is one of your favorite comfort meals?

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued with the pumpkin salsa, although not with tuna or mustard haha. I never thought of mixing tuna and mustard though, think I'll have to try that sometime!!!

    And you know my thoughts on Cincinnati Chili!!! Although I might be tempted to try this.

    P.S. Week one of doing WW online is good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love corn tortillas too. They have lots of flavor and are super cheap! I'm also a big fan of Cincinnati chili. I like the spices and how it's like a cross between soup and chili.

    ReplyDelete