Monday, December 10, 2012

Get Back Up



There are so many times along the journey when you feel knocked down.
-One very Bad Day
-One Meal
-Special Event
-Didn't workout/Run
-Gained Weight
-Didn't hit your goal
-Over did something

It doesn't matter if you read this blog because you are a runner or someone trying to losing weight. There are so many times when you start have a hard time. I never thought that maintaining weight would be anymore difficult than losing it but I was kidding myself. It is so easy to slip up. Go back into old habits. I had felt this recently so last week I made a strong commitment to track and get back to the basics. I was down nearly 2 pounds at my weigh in this week after that. No matter what knocks me down I always try to get back up as quickly has possible. Even if you over do it at one point try to get back on track as quickly as possible. It does't matter how many times you get knocked down it just matters that you always get back up. I feel like running can be a metaphor for much of the weight loss journey I experienced  It doesn't matter how bad you felt a run was.. you still ran. So put in all the efforts and you will see success from the sum of all efforts.


What is knocking you down and how are you going to get back up?

1 comment:

  1. Holiday eating knocks me down. I am not used to eating that much and I don't sleep as well when I am over-full. My runs the next day suffer. Remembering those restless nights of sleep motivates me to be better.

    ReplyDelete