Wednesday, March 13, 2013

How far will your next run take you?

The last several weeks have been very trying for me. Somedays go well and other days don't... I always say to someone who is struggling to fight on. Try to make the next moment better. We cannot control everything... One thing for me though that I can do is always commit to the next run. Today my mom sent me a quote saying that it reminder her of me...
"The day you lace up your shoes and take your step, you become a runner. There is no time or distance requirement. If you run, you are a runner (marathon not required)."

I could not say that I agree more. There are so many days when taking those first few steps feel impossible even more me now. Then I just get going. Running has such an empowering feeling for myself. I feel like I cann do anything when I finish a run. I feel unstoppable. I can still remember calling my sister when I first started my 5K journey every time I was able to go just a bit further. The feeling a run can give me feels like I have let all of the other fears and doubts go away for just a few brief moments.

Honestly I know not everyone can understand this. I even know that many of my readers are not even runners. Just take this one piece if you are reading this... Believe in yourself. Don't let fear stop you from trying to reach new heights. I truly believe we are all capable of so much more than we give ourselves credit for...

Where will your next run take you...

2 comments:

  1. Great question!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. Hopefully to the finish line (half on Saturday)! :-)

    ReplyDelete