Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sometimes it's Hard

This winter has really put me in a funk. I have been able to do most of my runs but feel like a turtle. When I get out there I just can't seem to get my body moving. I am coming to enjoy the early morning runs more and more though. The feeling of accomplishment at an early hour seems to make for better days. Everything else though seems to be off... I basically feel like this...

My head is killing me from all of it... I hope that means spring is coming.

Eating
Since joining weight watchers back in 2008 I have lost nearly 50 pound. Most of which I maintained my goal weight. However I feel like I'm in a funk. Each week I hear myself telling other members what it takes but I can't seem to wrap it around my own head. I seem to do make mistakes that I ask my members and myself to commit to on a weekly basis. Then this morning before heading to my meeting I saw the below picture on the Weight Watchers Facebook page...


It really made me think to myself about how difficult the journey of losing weight or evening training for a long race can be. However when you cross the "finish line" the feeling you get overwhelms you in ways that cannot be explained in words. So after my meeting I set out to group run and felt amazing when it was all said and done. Sometimes a good run can just really give me new perspective. I am excited to continue this week of success and see what happens... I think we all struggle sometimes and I always try to just take it in small steps. The arc wasn't built overnight...

5 comments:

  1. I think we all get into funks in different aspects of our lives...whether it's out diet, our exercise routine, or our relationships. I think as long as we recognize them for what they are....little stumbling blocks....then we can move on and feel better when we have conquered that funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara I think you are right.. I am hoping to see light at the end of the tunnel.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about the feeling you get when you cross the finish line - it can't be explained in words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote and reminder. There are so many things in life that I let stress me out until they are done. Then I feel accomplished when they are, but all that stress made the journey so hard. Hope your week was better and that the "extra" hour of sun today helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather and light certainly helped today. I think I even saw a peak of the sun today.

      Delete