Saturday, March 30, 2013

Keep Calm and Run



Today... Since I was in Ohio I was excited to see some of my favorite runners. We decided on to run at 10:00AM. So I got up made sure I had a good breakfast and relaxed until time to go.



Today's run was set to be 20 miles...  I met Hillary and Chad some people I have known since we were young kids.I knew going into this that if I wanted to complete my new goal I would need to start training. Today I took my first steps toward that goal. It was an amazingly beautiful day to run. The first few miles seemed to fly by just chatting with Hillary and Chad. Then we hit the 14 mile mark. I didn't think those 6 miles were in me. I stopped when we got onto a less busy street and took my last gel. I just kept pushing and walking when I had to.


I am very happy with how the run turned out. I feel good and I survived all 20 miles. It is amazing how good a run can make you feel. Now I get to celebrate the birthday of one of my favorite people... My Nanny.


Thanks to pro compression for another good run...

20 miles
3:23:23

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Awesome run. I haven't run 20 miles since the Chicago Marathon. I'm about to do it again in 2 weeks! :-)

    ReplyDelete