Monday, November 25, 2013

Be Positive

Today was one of those days when I looked at my Holiday Shred Workout and thought... yea I'll do that later. I was tired from the weekend. I wasn't feeling like anything was going my way. Then a chat from a coworker who said to me its a short weeks so lets kick this weeks butt. I sometimes forget to remind myself to just think positive and keep going. We often forget how hard it is to just be positive and believe good things are coming.


I decided to just push through the hard day and then hit the gym later on. The day ended up finishing with a pretty good amount of success and so toward the end of the day when my friend Tim asked me to meet him at the gym I thought wow this has been a great day.

I am not sure how excited Tim was to do Holiday Shred 2013 with me. He is a good friend though and I told him it would be a tough circuit and something different so he was on board.
Today was Week 2 Day 1 workout.
5 Rounds
10 Push ups, 10 Jump Squats, 10 tricep dips, 10 mountain climbers, 10 sit ups, 10 Frog Jumps


Tim and I killed it... we hit the treadmill for an easy 5K and called it a day. The run felt easy compared to the circuit but it makes me appreciate the run so much more. It is amazing how hard the strength or cross training can be. The good thing is that it helps you be a better runner. Running using every shred of your body. From your head to your feet and every where in between. So these tough workouts help me prepare for mental and physical toughness that some races put me through.

Another great workout and another day accomplished. Think positive and I promise positive things always happen. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on doing the Holiday Shred even though it would have been easier to not do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pete... sorry I missed your comment last week.

      Delete
  2. Deanna you've always had the will to whatever you put your mind to. I am and always will be proud of all you do.

    ReplyDelete