Sunday, November 24, 2013

Training Continues



As the cold weather has come into Northwest Indiana I find there are still some runners who are willing to run. Yesterday as I was working my shift at the Extra Mile a man looked at me pretty funny when I told him I ran outside. Lets face it you are either willing to brave the weather or you aren't.


Today I went out and ran with some pretty awesome peeps! Before we got going everyone was saying why are we out here. During the run I mentioned to fellow runner Doug that we were starting to get some funny looks. For me there are days that I don't brave the run. I'm not willing to go outside when it is dangerously cold. However today was not one of those days. I find it so interesting what some are willing to do when it comes to the weather. My friend Sara and I have had this conversation many times. Sara prefers a really cold day over a really hot day. Jason however prefers the heat. It says he has a harder time breathing in the winter.



Training continues. Sometimes runners will say they aren't training for a particular race but they are still running. I am currently training for the next race up. Yesterday I officially committed to another marathon.




Am I crazy? Well yes, in fact I am Marathon Maniac # 7985. My friends Sue, Tim, Jeromy and I registered for a free entry to the Knoxville marathon while in Indianapolis. I said if one of you guys win I will sign up. Sure enjoy the luck Sue won! We did get a $10 off and so I got a fairly good deal on the race. So the next race is currently on my mind and there will be many many more days like today of me running and braving the run... So let me ask you this do you brave the run?


No comments:

Post a Comment