Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 27-31... I am here and in full force

Well it sure was a busy weekend.

Friday Day 27... Hit the gym with my personal trainer Dewayne... I told him I was running in a race Saturday so he went hard core on my arms and shoulders. It felt good and I felt race ready.

Saturday Day 28... I went out with some friends to the 2 Big Hearts Foundation 5K in Long Beach. It was a cool May morning. I was not feel confident when I saw all of the hills. I did great! I finished in 28:03 and even got 3rd out of 16. See me with medal.

Sunday Day 29... A nice warm May morning... headed from my house onto the Nipsco trail in Merrillville. It is just over 4 miles from my drive way to the end and back. I took it fairly easy until I was afraid of a downpour coming as it started to rain. The light rain actually felt good. I made it home before the downpour! I even had enough time to scrub my deck clean!

Monday Day 30... Ran the 10K Xtreme Trail Race at Imagination Glenn in Portage. It was very muddy and slippery. I didn't do as well as I would like but I finished and didn't injure myself so that is all that I cared about. I did finish 5 out of 10. Just barely missed 4th. So I am happy with that. Tough race!  See picture below

Tuesday Day 31... YOGA! I know I have said many many times its not for me. However I cannot resist Bob Harper's face. His biggest loser DVD is actually really nice because it is also Pilate's. So the DVD focuses more on abs, balance and making your body stronger. All the stretching felt great after a long hard weekend on my body!

How is your challenge going? Focus we are 1/3 of the way done!

No comments:

Post a Comment