Thursday, June 23, 2011

Got Couch... yes I do...

Tuesday and Wednesday... Very lazy and busy days... Today I head back to the gym to workout with my trainer. This weekend is a busy running weekend so I am excited to hit the pavement...

So I get a ton of emails everyday about food and recipes. I love them but often just mark them read and move on. Kraft foods sends me an email that I actually pay attention to every so often. I loved their latest recipes. Fresh and easy summer ideas. This is the first one that caught my eye...

Cool N Easy Strawberry Pie (Remember two words that always capture my heart... strawberries and pie) 5 Points Plus (with fat free cool whip)
2 cups fresh strawberries divided
2/3 cup boiling water
1pkg (3oz) Jell-O Strawberry Flavor Gelatin
Ice Cubes
1/2 Cup Cold Water
1 Tub (8oz) Fat Free or Light Whipped Topping thawed
1 ready to use reduced fat graham cracker crumb crust (6oz)
Slice 1 cup strawberries, refrigerate for later use. Chop remaining berries.; set aside. Add boiling water to gelatin mix, stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add ice to cold water to make 1 cup. Add gelatin, stir until thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.

Whisk Cool Whip. Stir in chopped berries. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes or until mixture is very thick. Spoon into crust.
Refrigerate for 6 hours or until firm. Top with sliced berries.

1 comment:

  1. Deanna- I am just now getting caught up with your blog. You are doing awesome! Keep it up!

    The strawberry pie sounds delish. We are going to try to pick strawberries this morning so hopefully I will have enough to make something yummy.

    Did you use regular Jell-o or sugar free?

    ReplyDelete