Sunday, July 24, 2011

Excuses

So lets face it this week has been hot and miserable until the weekend. I was at a 5K race on Wednesday evening and I was talk to a fellow runner named Tom. Tom is something I only hope to be someday... Tom is 82 years old and still running. In fact last spring when I ran the Indianapolis 500 mini marathon he was also there running... yes running 13.1 miles. As we were talking about running and how hot he was that day he said to me there are more excuses for running than not running. He was so right. Too hot, too cold, too tired, too busy. There are a million reasons. The thing that got me thinking is that we both ran that day. 3.10 miles with a heat index near 110. We both finished. I am 28 and he is 82. Our age is backwards. However neither of us made an excuse that day. I even placed 2nd in my divison. I think we often make excuses to not get in any excerise but what if we just stopped making them and did it. If Tom can... I know you can! We have only two weeks of the 100 days left. How are you doing? How will you finish? 

No comments:

Post a Comment