Thursday, January 10, 2013

Celebrate Your Acheivements

Today I got up early before work and went out to run to complete my 4th day in a row of moving more. This morning I set out on a new route and really enjoyed the well lite street on an early morning. With the mild winter weather I am really enjoying getting my workout done early in the morning. I was also really fortunate that I got it done today because it was raining when I got out of work. I also got to enjoy the sun slowly begin to peek over the clouds as I finished. I really feel like feel like running gives you that alone time to gather your thoughts and plan your day. I feel like getting a workout in allows me to let everything else go. Plus getting a sweaty makes me feel so accomplished.






Another thing that got accomplished today was that my awesome boyfriend hung the Christmas present my sister Jenna got me up on a wall for me. I always say remind yourself of your progress. So I hung some of my favorite memories on this wall as a consistent reminder of how many amazing adventures I have had over the past few years. My first half marathon, my first mudathlon, my first Ragnar Relay, several very memorable half marathons... I must admit I need a few more of these to hang all of the medals I have ever received however these all have so many fond memories. They will remind me everyday of that feel I still get crossing a finish line... GOAL ACHIEVED.


1 comment:

  1. I love running in the morning for the same reasons you give. I also love the endorphins it gives me for the rest of the day. I like your medal hanger. I think I can spot a Mini Marathon medal on the far left! I have a few of those as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete