Sunday, June 16, 2013

A Weekend of Running



This weekend I ran.

I started with the Munster 10K on Saturday. This race is a nice easy 10K but it was not my best 10K. I started out feeling tried and not sure what to expect. I started out feeling good and actually felt good. The later in the race it got the more hot I became and I started to slow down more and more. Once I saw the leaders go past me I felt a new surge. After I came out of the final turn around that directed you back toward Munster High School I felt pretty good. The race turns you into the football entrance and onto the track for the last of the race. I finished 53:28, 5th out of 13 and 67 out of 159 finishers. I was happy with the finish. I really enjoy small local races here in Indiana. It always feels like a family reunion to see all of the runners there that I know. It started to pour ran shortly after I found out I was not placing this time. So I headed out. Another race in the books.
Me and Tammy pre-race

Today I went to long run #3 of my marathon schedule. I am not running Chicago this year but I love being able to donate some money and volunteer and help Opportunity Enterprises. So I headed out a bit early to run with a fellow runner Lisa. Then we met up with the mass group. I started to really struggle with only two miles to go. Lisa just kept talking and being positive and we made it. Long Run done. It was humid and it really seem to get the best of me today. I do think having Lisa there to chat with was great but we set the pace must too fast at the beginning and it really made it hard for me today. I really need to focus on a much slower pace when I start out the long runs. After I finished with Lisa I ran 30 minutes of walk/run with my beginner Jess who met me at the park.

Overall I am glad tomorrow is a rest day. I am still feeling good about my training. Just need to make sure I have the coconut water with me on these hot days. It really got the best of me today. 13 more weeks until marathon #1 of 2013.

1 comment:

  1. Great job with the 10k!!
    The lack of clouds and heat this morning were a **** for a long run. No more sleeping in I guess!

    ReplyDelete