Thursday, June 20, 2013

Push your Limits



This year I have set some personal goals for myself. They are lofty goals but I truly hope to achieve them. However one thing I know is if you set high goals you have to be willing to work hard. Today I did something I never done before... speed work. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was very nervous going in so I decided to do it on the treadmill at my gym. The training program said to do 5 One Mile repeats at 8:09 with two minutes rest in between. The treadmill at my gym gave me two options 8:06 or 8:12 so I settled on the 8:06. The first mile seemed to go ok but the pace was slightly difficult. I settled in pretty good for the 2nd and 3rd miles. Then came mile 4 and I was really starting to feel the fast pace. Once the 4th one was I over though I was feeling like superwomen and knew I had to finish it. After the last mile I jogged until the treadmill hit 6 miles. So I did 6 miles in 50:23 for an average pace of 8:23 with my breaks. It was hard and I had to push myself. I feel so empowered to keep pushing my limits though.

What pushes you past your limits? Do you do speed work?

1 comment:

  1. Great job doing the speed work! I like doing strength runs (about 10 seconds below pace) and fartleks, but intervals.. i want to love them, but I hurt myself EVERY TIME. ugh...
    What pushes me past my limits? I try not to think of limits, just an area I haven't explored past yet! Its fun I think overall!

    ReplyDelete