Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Happy National Running Day


 Today is National Running Day...
I started the day at the doctor with her thinking I'm crazy after I told her how much I run. So why run?
*My Health
*The sense of family I feel in the running community
*Challenge myself
*It gives me a sense of believing in myself
*Pride
*Devotion... running gives me that silent time with my thoughts. The only person who I can often talk to is God.
*I'm not sure if there has been research done but I really believe when running I get my best ideas. I really think the brain works differently when I'm out on the road.

Just remember it doesn't matter how far, how fast, how long or even how you do it. All that matters is that you put one foot in front of the other.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I need that time during the day to run for exercise as much as I do meditation and to energize me. Its my silent time, time to let the mind drift and just be free for a little while.

    I think it is safe to say if you run and have started blogging, someone has called you a little crazy at some point.

    Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete