Saturday, October 12, 2013

15 Minutes of Fame... One year later.

Four years ago I was not a runner. I was never athletic or even active that much. Then many things changed for me and I became one of those "runners." Its true I am that girl out the door at 6am meeting a friend to run laps around Cedar Lake on a beautiful fall morning... Guess what I love it and others are the ones missing out. Seeing the sunrise over the lake on a quiet fall morning cannot be replaced.

Last year at this time I was eagerly awaiting my 2nd marathon ever. I was so excited to run in the big city of Chicago with the amazing people I met running with OE all summer long. I felt like this would just be something special. Well as it turns out it was an amazing experience... One that I will never forget. There is no comparison to being that girl... you know the one that was on the front page of the Tribune last year... I take extreme pride in what this has done. I have befriended so many runners just by being on this front page.



This year I will stand at mile 5 hanging out water to all the amazing people who will take in Chicago in 2013 and #ownit. I'm excited for every single person I know who will take on the streets of Chicago tomorrow. May the wind be at your back, your legs feel light, the sun stay behind the clouds and carry you to the best marathon to date! Enjoy every second. Chicago is an amazing city full of 1000's of people ready to cheer for you! 

I never thought I would run and especially run a marathon or even now marathon"s."  No matter what your goal you are never too old to set your sights...



2 comments:

  1. I never thought I'd be running a marathon either yet, here I am on the eve of my first. I'll be looking for you at mile 5. You have been, and continue to be, a great inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for volunteering. Hope to see you at mile 5! :)

    ReplyDelete