Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Just Run

Today's blog will be short, sweet and maybe even worth the read. I have a Northwest Indiana Tweet Up to get to tonight...

Running... is a means of terrestrial locomotion allowing humans and other animals to rapidly move on foot.. at least that is what Wikipedia tells me that running is... I can't say I agree. I do often get the question how do you do that? In fact last week I had to go to Ohio and I saw some family I had not seen in a long time and they asked me that quite a bit. My response is always the same left, right, left then right again... repeated for X number of miles.

As someone who tries coaching others to weight loss and running success I often encourage people to just go. This is one of the best parts about running. You need very little.... Shoes, clothing and out the door I go most days. I don't need to drive to get to a place to workout. I just open up my front door and run.

Today was one of those runs that just felt amazing... The weather felt amazing. I felt good and none of my injuries reoccurred during the run. I paid no attention to pace and got a surprise when I was done... my pace was much faster than I ever would have expected. I even got a compliment from the Merrillville High School Boys Cross Country team as our running paths crossed.


 I couldn't be happier to be back to running, back to the sport that gives me much more than I often realize and out my door.


What else could stop you from just running...


No comments:

Post a Comment