Tuesday, October 29, 2013

For a Lifetime

I thought this past weekend was just going to be another normal weekend... running, working, hanging out with friends and watching football. All of this ended up being true but with one major change. Saturday morning after I ran my 5K I got a message from my mom that when my sister when to her doctor's appointment they sent her straight to the hospital.


Of course me being in Chesterton and her being in Cincinnati made the overwhelming feelings come pouring out of me. I am so thankful to my awesome friends Tim, Sue and Aaron for making sure I didn't totally lose it. My sisters are my best friends. As it turns out my sister has been diagnosed as a Type 1 Diabetic. This is something that runs in my family but that none of us ever has knowledge you get up to the age of 40. Now life for my sister changes totally... Medicine, special diet, making sure her sugar is at a stable level... this is not something most of us will ever have to deal with. My sister is so amazing inside and out. It totally breaks my heart to see her have to deal with this. The one thing though I keep reminding myself is how strong our mother raised us to be. She has always taught us to fight no matter what.

So over the past few days this is what I started thinking...

What is stopping people from getting healthy? I made a promise to myself in 2009 that I was losing weight and getting healthy. Although I have had some struggles I have always kept going. As of yesterday when my sister was released from the hospital. I made a promise to myself. Don't make excuses. Just do it. Live a healthy life. I don't have anything holding me back. All I have to do is exercise and eat right. I started this blog to be an inspiration to others. I still hear so many say that I am. So I want to continue that. Seriously nothing is holding you back. Start getting healthy today! You do not have to wait until January to start... Start today. If you need help or need to know where to start then just ask me...


8 comments:

  1. The start today reminds me of this - http://acuff.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/someday.jpg

    Keep the Faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your sister's diagnosis. That must have been a shock for you to get that call. I'm glad she's okay. It sounds like she is a strong person and despite the big lifestyle change she will persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. another awesome post from my awesome daughter

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Rock! We only did what you would do for us. The Usual Suspects stick together -- Always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Tim! Usual Suspects for life!

      Delete