Sunday, October 6, 2013

Nothing to say... Except this

A follower told me today that u haven't been blogging enough so here is what's up...
The week after the Air Force marathon was brutal. I could hardly walk I hurt so much... Basically my life looked like this...


So I have rested and then rested some more... Honestly there is nothing worse than a runner who cannot run. Running gives me a time alone or a time with a friends that I desperately need. There are times when I can run silently with a friend and feel that it was time well spent. Then there are times when I run with a friend and I feel so much better about so many things. I amazed by the connections that running has brought me... If she is reading this blog then she knows who she is. The last year she has brought so much needed friendship to my life as I have brought to her's. I am so thankful for it. 

This past week I mustered up two runs for a total of 7 miles... Well then I still didn't feel 100%... 

I would say today is the first day I woke up and thought hmm I could run today... This scared me. I can't lie I'm nervous and totally freaked out...What if it hurts... What if it's too hard to get going or I can't perform well... So I told myself this... 

Then I knew I had to have a plan. I am not someone who can just run and just figure it out as I go. I need to plan and make it work the best I can.
I have two weeks to prepare for this... Another race that my amazing parents are willing to support me through.


Fortunately I have a two week program to help guide me this week and next. I know what needs to be done and how to prepare for a marathon by now. I plan to run smart, eat well, change nothing, believe, and pray. I know that through my beliefs in The Lord I have the strength, determination and power to do anything I set my mind to. Plus for extra motivation I volunteered for the Calumet Region Striders mile 5 water stop at the Chicago Marathon. I can't wait to cheer on my friends! Go get that marathon guys!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, another marathon already? Congrats, that's awesome! Maybe I'll see you as I run by the mile 5 station on Sunday! :)

    ReplyDelete