Thursday, October 13, 2011

Carb it up!

So this week is my full practice week for my first marathon in November. So I will be running 20 miles on Sunday. Today began my increase in carbohydrates. I wanted to be smart though. Many things I read said the biggest mistake runners make is eating their carbs in bad ways. So here is a great receipe even you can enjoy that my runner partner Nora gave me.

Cook about 1cup of Quinoa in Chicken Broth (Bring to boil let simmer about 20 minutes).
While this is cooking in a skillet cook in 1 teaspoon of Olive Oil 3 garlice cloves and a small onion.
You will also need
1cup corn
1 or 2 15 oz cans black beans
1/2cup Choppe Cliantro
1/4 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chyenne pepper
Salt and black pepper (too taste)
1 Lime to Drizzle over when ready to eat

After you cook the Quinoa you will add the garlic and onion mixture, beans and corn. Let this cook until the corn seems done.

Makes an excellent side dish
10 servings are 3 points plus per serving

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delish! I love quinoa but have needed a new recipe to cook it in.

    ReplyDelete