Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chili + Fall=Heaven

I love Fall.

I love Chili.

I love pumpkin....

This recipe came from one of my other favorite bloggers/wesbites http://www.skinnytaste.com/

Here is the recipe they created for Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili. It warms my soul. (I cut the recipe in half) 9 Servings (3 points plus)
Ingredients
Cooking Spray
2LBS 99% Fat Free Turkey
1/2 tsp Olive Oil
3 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1tsp Chili Powder (to taste)
2 Bay leaves
1 Small Onion
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Oregano
2 (15oz) Cans White Beans norther or navy rinsed or drained
15oz can Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
4.5oz Green Chilies
2 cups fat free chicken broth
Fat Free Sour Cream (optional)
Cilantro (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Heat Large pan high heat and lightly spray add meat and cook until white. Add to crock pot.

Add Oil to pan then onions and garlic saute about 3-4 minutes; add cumin and saute about another minute. Add this to crock pot.

Then add to crock pot beans, pumpkin, chilies, broth, chili powder, oregano, bay leaves, I also put in Cinnamon (a little Cincinnati flavor)

Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours. Remove Bay leaves.

Here are a picture of what mine looked like. I am in love. New fall heaven. What is your favorite fall recipe? Share with me and I will make it and try it. I love to try new easy recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment