Monday, February 18, 2013

Meatless Monday

Ok I am aware I am getting really blog last however Valentines day is always a killer in the floral industry and I'm just happy I survived another year.

Training
I missed missed one run and cut one short during Valentines which is not all that bad. Although my cross training has almost completely dissipated.
Last weeks runs did go much better:
Tuesday group run was a nice 5 miles
Wednesday I got in a quick 3 with a fellow runner Dan pushing me
Thursday I hit some more hilly streets for 5
Friday I enjoyed some nice time with my sister who came to visit
Saturday I ran 2.30 with running friends Dan and Aaron. Aaron headed home to finish his run and Dan and I ran just over 6 with the training group.
Sunday I pushed myself a little harder on the treadmill even did .20 at 7:30 pace





Today is a successful Meatless Monday
Breakfast
Oatmeal and egg whites-protein and carb are always the best combo
Lunch
Mixed salad topped with black beans and salsa
Greek yogurt with raspberries
Dinner
Brussels Sprouts, quinoa and refried beans


For lent I have decided I will do a couple things: (even though I am not Catholic)
-No sweet treats. I am not having bars, 100 calories packs or any other treats. I am going to allow myself yogurt, fruit and tea if I want something sweet.
-Focus on doing my being my best... There are often times as someone who is maintaining weight loss we get lax on our focus.
-Help others. In January I started training a group of runners for a half marathon and I began thinking over this last weekend about how I felt the first time I was part of a similar group. I am committing to helping every single one achieve their goal.

Source: polyvore.com via Deanna on Pinterest



3 comments:

  1. I like the quote about waiting for the perfect time. I can relate, because I am waiting for the perfect time to start running again on my injured ankle and it never seems to get here! I guess eventually I'll just have to jump! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the way, right now your Chicago Marathon picture is the main picture on the lead story on the ChicagoTribune.com website: http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/breaking/chi-snafu-in-chicago-marathon-registration-20130219,0,6085495.story

      Delete
  2. Pete... thanks for the heads up... I suppose my 15 min of fame hasn't died yet ;)

    ReplyDelete