Sunday, July 22, 2012

Mudathlon 2012 Recap

Mudathlon 2012
3 Miles
40 Obstacles
1:25
A Muddy good Time

100 Day Challenge
Saturday: Pre Mud Run 6 Miles 57 Minutes

Sunday: 14 Mile Long Run for Chicago Marathon Training







My team met up in Valparaiso early. You have to ride a hay ride back into the farm area where they hold the race. We checked in and also went to gear check. We all had different start times but since several of us had 9AM we decided to start at 9M.

Our team plan was to stick together, help each other and cross the finish line together.

The obstacles and mud started pretty quickly. Some of the obstacles were a little tougher than I anticipated. Mile 1 came and we are shouted only 2 more to go. Our friend Angie was waiting for her team to start and she snapped a photo of all of us.











Over hay bales, Over fences, through tires, down a fire pole, water, mud, water mud... mud and more mud. Then we made it to the famous slide where a friend caught up with us.
I was having so much fun





















So 40 obstacles and just over 3 miles... we hit the final stage of the famous mud pit and were able to collect these well deserved treats. We laughed, slung mud, helped each other, and all finished. We had a blast. The best part is what we all had smiles on our faces and really lived up to our name "MudAnimals"






I haven't been this sore in a really long time. Proof that even I could use more cross and strength training. The one thing I can say is that I can't wait to do this again... I mean look how happy I am.

What is the last really crazy fun thing you did?



4 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! One more reason to start running I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 obstacles! That is a lot packed into 3 miles. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just ran the Muddy Buddy on the same day, and I am STILL sore!

    This one looks like it was a lot of fun, and I love the medal! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete