Sunday, July 8, 2012

And We're Back

Summer time=Fun Times!!

So a short vacation was needed. Rest, Running and Sun. It was slightly difficult to start because we had to attend to some personal family stuff. The best part though is being able to be home in Cincinnati for such an extended period of time.

I had to have one of these of course:

And eat some of this with  my BFF...



Spent lots of time with these girls...

Jenna, Me, Mom, Kristen

We saw these guys in concert....
Tim McGraw
Kenny Chesney
I also spent a lot of time with this cutie... She is getting so big and she always reminds me of how time flies. We really should cherish every moment.






Day 61: (June 28th) Forced to take the day off for family reasons
Day 62 :(June 29th) 3 miles of SUPER HARD HILLS. Friday's on marathon training require however since I missed Thursday I went ahead and did my 3...  Then I swam and chased my niece around the pool my mom goes to. 
Day 63: (June 30th): 6 Miles of Sweat and tree limbs. It stormed pretty hard Friday in Cincinnati so there pieces of trees all over the bike trail near my parents home. 

Day 64:(July 1)  11 Mile Run with this girl... Meet Hillary. We went to high school together and she just started running and eating better to develop a healthy lifestyle. She even signed up for the Chicago marathon. She is an amazing inspiration to anyone who thinks they can't run. We have known each other since elementary school and running brought us together on Sunday Morning. 


Day 65: (July 2) Bike 8 miles near my parents house
Day 66: (July 3) A hilly 3 mile run... that passed by a horse farm... not a good thing on a hot day
Day 67: (July 4) Started the 4th our with  A VERY sweaty 6 mile run near my parents house. Then mom cooked some really good Chicken and we had fruit and apple pie. I had to have a sliver because it was the 4th!
Day 67: (July 5) The heat was impossible to take and then we lost power... This is the day I realized I had really just plain forgotten about Weight watchers and needed to focus on getting back on trauck
Day 68: (July 6) Mass Cleaning because it was wayyy too hot to be outside... tracked every single bite of food and finally started to feel focused again. 
Day 69: (July 7) 6 Mile Run with a good friend at Dunes State Park... we even took a dip in the lake... felt awesome! A new week began. I weighed myself and began to asses the damage my "vacation" really did. 
Day 70: (July 8) 12 Mile Run with the Lake County OE Chicago Marathon Training Group

Later tonight I am headed to one of my favorite 5K's... Did you beat the heat or did it beat you?





No comments:

Post a Comment