Sunday, January 8, 2012

25 Little Things for BIG weight loss... 5 more

Last Tuesday at my weight watchers meeting we discussed part of an article I found on the Weight Watchers website. Here is a Link (full article)to the full article. I am going to break them down into 5's over the next few days and give my thoughts... feel free to share your thoughts.  Here are the next 5...

6. Listen to your cravings

The article suggest substituting fruit for the craving for sweets and 94% Fat Free air popcorn instead of potato chips. I do agree with these suggestions although one other thing I would suggest is if you are truly craving something such as a hamburger from your favorite burger joint... HAVE IT! Count the points and move on! There is nothing wrong with occasionally having the food you love most.

Yummy broccoli and Cheese potato

7. Ease your way into produce

I am a huge lover of the produce section. However if you are not then start small just as the full article suggest. One of my favorite ways to enjoy vegetables is salad or finding new ways to flavor steamed vegetables. Over the weekend one of my members and I were discussing the green giant vegetables that have the cheese sauce already on them. I told her its even better when you pour it over a potato. See photo (photo is older and the Points plus values are not reflected correctly on the package)






8. Look for high-fat hints
Things like mayo and ranch are full of fat.
The article suggest that you look for key words that make food higher in fat such as: au gratin, parmigiana, tempura, Alfredo, creamy and carbonara, and enjoy them in moderation. A few other words I watch for are creamy, breaded, and fried. These typically mean that there will be a higher fat content.







9. Don't multi-task while you eat

We discussed this one in my Tuesday meeting as one of my most guilty ones personally. I am almost always doing something else while I am eating. The key is to not eat in front of your computer, workstation or even TV. Enjoy your food it probably taste really yummy.

10. Taste something new
One of my favorite pasta subs

I always suggest that you take as much advantage of this as possible. There are so many things out there we don't even really know about. Explore the produce and even meet sections of your grocery. Sometimes there are even recipes near the foods or on packages. Try each week to find a way to incorporate something you wouldn't normally enjoy. Don't let yourself get bored with eating the same foods all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment