Thursday, January 19, 2012

What did you have for dinner Wednesday?

Lets hope this continues to happen... (meaning me cooking a real dinner on Wednesdays)

Last nights recipe is courtesy of "Point-Less Meals" Click here beautiful version of the recipe and photos since I did take any pictures last night...

Autumn Pork and Apples
Serves 6 ( 6 points + )

6 boneless pork chops ( about 4 oz. each)
salt and pepper to taste
1 can ( 20 oz) no sugar added apple pie filling (I found at Walmart for $1.78)















1 box Stove Top stuffing (I used Pork instead of the original)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Place apple pie filling in a 13 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and brown in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray. Place browned pork on top of apples. Mix contents of stuffing package with 2 c. boiling water. Stir until water is absorbed. Spoon stuffing over pork. Cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10 minutes.
 
The only other thing I changed about this recipe was that I cooked at 375 for slightly longer and I did not cook the pork before I put in the oven. It was a pretty big hit at my house. This was really yummy. Also a comfort food with the stuffing. Easy, quick and even the boyfriend agreed he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment