Monday, January 9, 2012

25 little things for BIG weight loss... the next 5

Last Tuesday at my weight watchers meeting we discussed part of an article I found on the Weight Watchers website. Here is a Link (full article)to the full article. I am going to break them down into 5's over the next few days and give my thoughts... feel free to share your thoughts.  Here are the next 5...
11. Leave something on your plate at every meal
If you are satisfied leave it... I feel like this one is key. If you are not hungry you can leave something behind. I know this one is hard but if you really don't feel hungry don't finish something. In fact try to.
12. Get to know your portion sizes
We talk about this one a lot.. Don't you feel like this is the one that you have learned the most about from Weight Watchers? So just as the full article states... don't just estimate things — make sure. Ask how much is in a serving, read the fine print on labels, measure your food. And learn portion equivalents: One serving of pasta, for instance, should be around the size of a tennis ball.... your meat should fit in the palm of your had. Use a scale! It is key at home.

13. Don't give up dips
Find ways to to lighten them up. My favorite way is with Greek yogurt.






14. Make a healthy substitution
Just as the article suggest find little ways... bake don't fry. Use whole wheat pastas and brown rices.
Just like chicken tenders YUM





15. Bring lunch to work tomorrow
For me this is the key. I have to pack my lunch or I am lost. Think about the amount of decisions you can eliminate just by having your lunch already prepared. It will also save you a ton of money..

A yummy lunch I frequent... soup and sandwich
Come back tomorrow for the next 5 BIG TIPS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment